VIII Brazilian Congress of Herpetology
From the Terena Plateau to the Xaraés Floodplain
August 14 – 18, 2017
Universidade Federal de Mato Grosso do Sul
Campo Grande Mato Grosso do Sul, Brazil
Early registration at VIIICBH with a discount!
ATTENTION! Refund Policy – If you must cancel your registration, you must send an e-mail to the Organizing Committee, until July 16, 2017. A full refund, minus a 30% administrative fee, will be made.
The Undergraduate and Graduated categories require certification emitted by the Scholar Institution that must be attached at the time of registration. Registrations without this certification will be denied!
Once the registration has been completed, it will be approved (or denied) by the Organizing Committee of the event! Stay tuned on your spam or trash of your email. Some servers are considering our spam messages and automatically moving them to these locations!
Abstracts submitted may be presented in the form of a poster or oral presentations. The modality will be chosen by the scientific committee and the participant will be previously informed. Abstracts submission available until May 15!
Guidelines for the abstract submission to VIII CBH
- Before submitting the abstract, the first author must register at VIII CBH to submit abstracts. In the website, the participant can follow the progress of the evaluation and the final opinion. Using the account, each participant will be able to submit up to two abstracts.
- The abstract must follow the guidelines: A) The abstract can be written in Portuguese, Spanish or English;B) The abstract must be presented with Title, Authors, Affiliation, Contact Email, Abstract content and Keywords;C) Abstract content: a single paragraph without citations that must contain a maximum of 300 words;D) Keywords: Four to six keywords presented in alphabetical order. Do not repeat words contained in the title.
Guidelines for the poster presentation
- The participant has the responsibility to check, in the complete schedule of the event, the day, time and place in which the poster presentation will occur.
- The poster must be direct, use the minimum of text and the maximum of pictures, photos, tables and possible graphic resources. The text must be legible at a distance of at least 2 meters. We suggest the use of font equal or greater than 20 pt for the name of authors and institutions and equal or superior to 24 pt for titles and text.
- The poster must contain the title identical to the abstract, as well as the same author (s) (the author-presenter must be indicated on the poster with an asterisk *); Institution (s); Author’s email for correspondence; Institution (if any). The suggested titles are: introduction, objectives, methods, results and discussion / conclusion.
- Dimensions of the poster: width of 90 cm and height of 120 cm.
- Posters can be produced and presented in Portuguese, Spanish or English.
- For each poster will be reserved, on the day of the presentation, a space identified with a number (check in the complete schedule of the event). On the scheduled date, the author must take the poster ready and attach it in the space identified with its number. The posters must be attached by the authors in the morning, however it is possible to attach it until at least 30 minutes in advance. The poster must only be taken by the author after the session ends.
Guidelines for the oral presentation
- The participant has the responsibility to check, in the complete schedule of the event, the day, time and place in which the oral presentation will occur.
- Each presentation must have a maximum duration of 15 minutes. We suggest 10 minutes for the presentation and five minutes for the questions.
- The presentation must be direct and use as many pictures and graphics as possible. It is suggested to use a font size equal to or greater than 16 pt for the name of authors and institutions and equal to or greater than 24 pt for titles and text.
- The first slide will be standardized for all oral presentations and must present: title identical to the abstract, as well as the same author (s); Institution (s) (without addresses); (The author-presenter must be indicated on the slide with an asterisk *); Author’s email for correspondence;
- We suggest the following titles for the presentation: introduction, objectives, methods, results, discussion / conclusion and acknowledgments (including funding institutions).
- Presentations may be in Portuguese, Spanish or English.
- A computer with Microsoft Windows and a wireless slide show will be available to the presenter. Presentations must be made, in a PDF or PowerPoint format. The presenter should personally submit the presentation to the organization of the event on a device with USB input. One member of the organization committee will be in each room, where the oral presentations will occur, receiving all the presentations of the day in the morning before the presentation.